ACP membership provides access to valuable clinical and professional resources, nationally respected publications, quality education, powerful advocacy, career management solutions, practice improvement, and networking within a community of over 12,000 members in New York and 143,000 members nationwide.
Laurie Cohen, Esq.
Your New York ACP membership is packed with value:
Professional and Educational Development
- Annual CME Accredited Scientific Teaching Programs
- ABIM Recertification Opportunities - SEP Modules
- Local "District" Meetings Throughout the Year
- Guidance on Advancing to Fellowship
- Resident and Medical Student Activities and Research Competitions
- 6-Hour Online Auto Insurance Reduction Course
Advocacy and Public Health Promotion
- Monitoring of and Reporting on Legislation and Regulations that Affect Medical Practice in NYS
- Web-based Grassroots Action Center to Quickly Contact Your Elected Officials
- Public Health Promotion Through Program and Service Initiatives
Practice Management Resources
- Members-only Areas of the Chapter’s website, including Resources on Quality and Practice Improvement
- Tools for Practice Transformation including PCMH and EHR Adoption
- Resources for Negotiating with Managed Care Companies
- Guidelines for Reimbursement and Documentation Efficiency
Medical Liability Mutual Insurance Company (MLMIC)
- NYACP endorses and works with Medical Liability Mutual Insurance Company (MLMIC) - a mutual professional liability insurance company owned by the healthcare providers it insures
- Access to Legal Counsel to Answer General Practice Questions and Guidance on How to Comply with Federal and State Regulations
Personal Development & Community Involvement
- Serving on Local and State Committees that Make a Difference
- Direct Participation in Chapter Policy Development
- Mentoring Opportunities
- Community Service and Community Teaching Opportunities
- New York Chapter Website
- Educational Program Notices
- Grassroots Advocacy Action Alerts
- NYACP's Your Chapter in Action: Bi-Weekly Publication
- Like us on Facebook
- Visit us on Twitter
- Follow our Blog: I.M. New York
Other Valuable ACP Member Benefits - Free CME credit and MOC points
Annals of Internal Medicine publishes original research, review articles, practice guidelines, and commentary relevant to clinical practice, health care delivery, public health, health care policy, medical education, ethics, and research methodology. A subscription to Annals is an important benefit of ACP membership. Members receive full access to the digital editions, free Annals iPad app and/or print. Members also receive access to Annals-related CME/MOC. A subscription also includes two regular monthly features: (1) In the Clinic and (2) ACP Journal Club.
- Point-of-Care CME - Earn FREE point-of-care CME credit simply by reading Annals articles online. Shape your educational experience with self-directed learning about topics that are most relevant to your practice. Read the articles and answer 2 multiple-choice questions about how you will use the information in patient care and earn CME credit.
- Annals Consult Guys Videos - Watch entertaining videos on vexing questions in medical consultation and earn FREE CME credit. Tune into a new episode each month!
- Annals Beyond the Guidelines - This multimedia educational series is based on Grand Rounds sessions at the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. Earn FREE CME credit and MOC points.
Help Your Patients Understand and Manage Their Health Conditions
- Guidebooks - Easy to read books offer practical tips for managing behavior change, leading to improved health outcomes.
- Patient FACTS - Simple information sheets that help patients understand common conditions.
- The Wellness Network Partnership - Free access to a NEW Patient Education Video Library.
- Also available: FREE Health TiPS, Videos and DVDs in a wide range of topics.