Serving as the bridge between physicians and career opportunities.
NYACP Career Link is an online resource to advertise and find jobs in general and specialty Internal Medicine and related healthcare areas. Career Link is user-friendly and updated weekly with the latest job listings and postings across New York.
Current Job Opportunities In New York
Physician Career Opportunities In New York State:
Hospitals are the cornerstone of health care in Upstate communities. The Iroquois Healthcare Alliance (IHA) represents 54 hospitals and health systems in 32 Upstate counties. Our hospitals are located in 5 regions of New York State: the Capital Region, Mohawk Valley, North Country, Central New York, and the Southern Tier. The beautiful geography of the region and the diversity of the many communities make Upstate a wonderful place to live, work, and practice medicine!
Upstate New York Physician Recruiters:
The Upstate New York Physician Recruiters was formed with you—the physician—in mind. Our goal is to empower you to make direct contact with our in-house hospital physician recruiters who are united to get our message out. We can provide you with all the physician career information, support and resources you need to make the right career choice for you and your family.
Whether you’re looking for the warmth and character of a community hospital in a rural area or the excitement and challenges of a busy metropolitan medical center, the Upstate New York In-House Physician Recruiters are here to help you find a solution that matches your unique needs. New York State truly has it all for physician careers. We invite you to find out more by contacting us today.
Posted February 2, 2018
Physician - SNF Syrcuse
Physician - SNF Syracuse, NY: $35k sign on bonus! Landmark Connect is a division of Landmark Health. Landmark Health was created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable members in our community. The physician functions as a health care provider within skilled nursing facilities, sub-acute rehab and long term care facilities for the purpose of providing medical management and culturally sensitive care to patients or residents. Provides assessment and consultation with patients. Works with Landmark Connect, Medical Director, Facility, Director of Nursing and Administrator in the development and/or implementation of medical management policy, clinical protocols, and quality management programs. The practice will involve care and management of patients in these settings. Care will include performing admission H&Ps, plan of care day-to-day management of patients and discharge planning. Qualifications • BC/BE Physician, preferably Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, or Emergency Medicine • M.D. or D.O. from an accredited educational institution • Knowledge of long-term care, community resources and cost-effective alternatives regarding patient care delivery systems • Knowledge of CPT, ICD-10 and HCPC codes • Knowledge of clinical standards of care • Awareness about UM standards, NCQA requirements, CMS guidelines, Milliman guidelines, and Medicaid/Medicare contracts and benefit systems is helpful. Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted September 7, 2017
Clinical Ethics Fellowship
The Division of Medical Ethics at Weill Cornell Medicine in New York City currently has an opportunity for two full-time 2-year fellowship positions in clinical ethics to begin July 1, 2018.
The fellowship is part of the New York-Houston Medical Ethics Consortium, which brings together Weill Cornell Medical College, the NewYork-Presbyterian Healthcare System, Houston Methodist Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine. The aim of this consortium is to provide fellows with an outstanding opportunity in clinical and research ethics by drawing upon transcontinental expertise and varied practice settings. Fellows will learn from a distinguished faculty and each other through various joint activities: video-conferenced seminar series, case conferences, and journal clubs; visiting observerships at consortium hospitals; and retreats in Houston and New York. The program will provide fellows with the clinical experience, training and education required to become experts in clinical ethics consultation and prepare them for academic careers in medical ethics.
Fellowship Components and Service Expectations
- Training in adult and pediatric clinical ethics consultation based on the American Society for Bioethics and Humanities core competencies in clinical ethics consultation.
- Mentored scholarship in clinical or research ethics including a capstone project.
- Structured curriculum on advanced topics in bioethics.
- Case conferences and journal club.
- Active participation on the ethics consultation service, including supervised on-call responsibilities.
- Active participation in institutional ethics committee meetings.
- Participation in the educational activities of the Division, including teaching and mentoring medical students. Assisting in the development and presentation of educational programs for house staff, faculty, and attending staff.
- Participation in Divisional and Consortium scholarly programs.
- Clinical rotation on the ethics service of our partner institutions in Houston.
- Fellows who choose to participate in part-time clinical practice in their respective specialties during the fellowship may have this opportunity.
- M.D. is preferred. We will consider applicants with a Doctoral or Master’s degree in a relevant area of study, which might include, nursing, bioethics, social work, chaplaincy, the humanities, social sciences and/or the law.
- Clinical experience in a relevant area of practice, which could include medicine, nursing, bioethics, social work, chaplaincy, and/or health law. Inter-disciplinary experience a plus.
- Compassion, empathy, open-mindedness, and the ability to integrate the clinical, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual, and institutional dimensions of ethical decision-making.
- Exceptional analytical and writing skills.
- Excellent verbal skills.
- Exceptional ability to work collegially with a diverse professional and lay staff.
- Scholarly initiative and creativity.
Competitive stipend with excellent benefits, including a subsidy for conference travel, will be provided.
Posted August 15, 2017
Program Director for South Nassau Community Hospitals
As a result of our new relationship / affiliation with the Mount Sinai Medical Center and Health Network, and the Icahn School of Medicine, South Nassau Communities Hospital will begin a new Internal Medicine Residency program in July 2018.
Although the Internal Medicine Residency Program will begin in July 2018, this position of Program Director is available immediately. This position will report to Aaron E. Glatt, MD, Chair of Medicine at South Nassau.
Program Director for South Nassau Communities Hospital
I. Requisite specialty expertise and documented educational and administrative experience acceptable to the Review Committee;
(1) which includes at least five years of participation as an active faculty member in an ACGME-accredited internal medicine residency program, and
(2) at least three years of graduate medical education administrative experience prior to appointment.
(3) current certification in the specialty by the American Board of Internal Medicine
(4) current medical licensure and appropriate medical staff appointment.
(5) The program director must administer and maintain an educational environment conducive to educating the residents in each of the ACGME competency areas.
Primary Responsibility: Oversee and ensure the quality of didactic and clinical education in all sites that participate in the program.
About South Nassau Communities Hospital:
South Nassau Communities Hospital is one of the region’s largest hospitals, with 455 beds, more than 900 physicians and 3,500 employees. Located in Oceanside, NY, the hospital is an acute-care, not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides state-of-the-art care. The Department of Medicine at South Nassau Communities Hospital, under the Chairman of the Department, Aaron E. Glatt, MD, FACP, FIDSA, FSHEA is comprised of 400 voluntary and full time Internists and subspecialists, and the hospital is designated a Magnet® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). South Nassau also operates Long Island’s only free-standing, 9-1-1 receiving Emergency Department, located in Long Beach. In addition to its extensive outpatient specialty centers, South Nassau provides emergency and elective angioplasty, as well as noninvasive Novalis Tx™ and Gamma Knife® radiosurgery technologies for tumors of the body and brain. South Nassau is a designated Stroke Center by the New York State Department of Health and Comprehensive Community Cancer Center by the American College of Surgeons and is an accredited center of the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Association and Quality Improvement Program. The hospital has been awarded the Joint Commission’s gold seal of approval for disease-specific care for heart failure, primary stroke, hip replacement, knee replacement, wound care, bariatric surgery, and end-stage renal disease. For more information, visit:https://www.southnassau.org/main/home.aspx
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and CV to:
Aaron E. Glatt, MD, FACP, FIDSA, FSHEA
Chairman, Department of Medicine
South Nassau Communities Hospital
One Healthy Way
Oceanside, NY 11571
Current Job Seekers:
Special Features Exclusively for the Recruiter/ Download the Flyer
- Postings received will be posted on a monthly basis
- Interested physicians contact you directly free of charge via the URL you provide.
- Please email your Web materials (ad text only) in a standard word processing format (Microsoft Word). Graphics should be submitted as separate files - DO NOT submit graphics in Word file. Due to the nature of publishing on the Web, text formatting will be lost.
Graphics should be in .gif or .jpg format. The dimensions of this graphic should be smaller than 120 x 90 pixels. Graphics can be horizontal or vertical - if the orientation is not obvious please send a hard copy indicating the correct layout. File size should be less than 6K.
To Place a Listing (whether you are seeking placement or posting a job opening)
$100 Per Month Includes:
- Up to 200 words
- Up to 2 issues per month of Chapter eNewsletter advertising
- Exposure to over 12,000 NYACP Members
May Include Logo
By Credit Card:
You can easily place an on-line listing by submitting this Job Posting On-Line Form
Complete the JOB POSTING FORM and send with content and payment to:
Albany, NY 12207
For additional information or to place a listing contact:
Karen Tucker LaBello
Director of Education
Last Updated: 9.7.17