For Cycle VII, the DANY Application Deadline Has NOW Been Extended Until June 4, 2020
Due to the COVID-19 epidemic in NYS and the response required by physicians, the deadline for the Doctors Across New York (DANY) Loan Repayment and Physician Practice Support Program Cycle VII has again been extended. The new deadline for all applications is 4:00pm on Thursday, June 4, 2020.
What is Doctors Across New York (DANY)?
- DANY is a state-funded initiative created in 2008 to help train and place physicians in underserved communities.
- The Physician Loan Repayment ("PLR") and Physician Practice Support ("PPS") programs make funds available to help recruit and retain physicians to work in medically underserved areas of New York State.
- Funding is provided in exchange for a physician's committment to work in an underserved area for a three-year period ("DANY service obligation period").
- Up to $40,000 per year for three years to, or on behalf of, a physician who agrees to practice in an underserved area for the 3-year DANY service obligation period.
- Up to $9 million in total state funding.
- Approximately 75 three-year awards.
Use of Funds
- Repay qualified educational debt;
- Support to a physician to establish or join a medical practice; or
- Help health care facilities recruit or retain a physician (i.e. sign-on bonuses, enhanced compensation).
Note: In all cases, 100% of the funds ultimately must be distributed to the physician or to the physician's practice.
Who May Apply
HEALTH CARE FACILITY
... a general hospital, D&DC, or nursing home licensed by the Department
... a facility certified, but not operated by, the OMH;
... a facility certified, but not operated by, the OASAS; or
... a private medical practice registered by NYS as a PC or PLLC.
Important Informational and Application Related Resources
►Program Overview and Background
►Request for Applications Cycle VII (PDF)
►Questions and Answers (PDF)
►Webinar Slides (2/18/2020)
For questions, comments, or to be added to the DANY ListServe, contact:
Karolyn Garafalo @ DANY2018@health.ny.gov / 518-473-7019 or 518-473-4700
Last Updated 4.20.20