ACP Implements New Membership Categories and Fellowship Eligibility Requirements
Category: Chapter News
ACP will implement the following membership and fellowship changes on 7/1/19:
New Membership Categories:
- Medical Graduate Member – ACP has created this important NEW membership category to retain and/or recruit post-medical school and pre-residency physicians who plan to enter an internal medicine residency program within two years.
- Emeritus Membership – ACP will provide a NEW online-only, Emeritus Membership category to reward members with 30 or more years of membership , are over the age of 75 and either partially or fully retired. There will be a minimal annual administration fee.
Changes to fellowship eligibility requirements:
- Post-Residency Membership – ACP will expand the minimum time of post-residency membership and professional experience requirement from two to three years.
- Consecutive Dues Payments – ACP will now require that three consecutive years of membership dues be paid prior to advancing to Fellowship.
- Invited Fellowship – ACP will provide an expedited Credentials Committee for the purpose of reviewing and approving “invited” fellowship candidates who do not meet basic eligibility requirements.
If you have any questions about the above changes, contact Loretta Ponesse (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the New York Chapter office.