Laurie Cohen, Esq.
Laurie Cohen, Esq., Partner at Nixon Peabody and the Chapter's attorney provides members with support and direction by answering questions relevant to general practice.
ACP membership provides access to valuable clinical and professional resources, nationally respected publications, quality education, powerful advocacy, career management solutions, practice improvement, and networking within a community of over 12,000 members in New York and 159,000 members nationwide.
NYACP Member Benefits
Laurie Cohen, Esq.
Your New York ACP membership is packed with value:
Professional and Educational Development
3-Hour Online Pain Managment & Opioid Prescribing Training
(satisfies NYS Prescribing Mandate)
Annual CME Accredited Scientific Teaching Programs
ABIM Recertification Opportunities - SEP Modules
Local "District" Meetings Throughout the Year
Guidance on Advancing to Fellowship
Resident and Medical Student Activities and Research Competitions
Webinars on Leadership, Physician Wellness, Medical Practice, Public Health Issues, Clinical Subjects https://www.
NYACP is dedicated to advancing the specialty of Internal Medicine and improving patient care in New York State through education, advocacy and quality improvement.
• To advocate responsible positions on individual health and on public policy relating to health care for the benefit of the public, our patients, the medical profession and our members;
• To serve the professionals needs of the membership, support healthy lives and improve the practice environment for physicians, and advance internal medicine as a career;
• To promote and conduct research to enhance the quality of practice, the education and continuing education of internists, and the attractiveness of internal medicine to physicians and to the public;
• To recognize excellence and distinguished contributions to internal medicine; and
• To unify the many voices of internal medicine and its subspecialties for the benefit of our patients, our members, and our profession.
The American College of Physicians Member Pledge
I affirm my belief in the mission of the American College of Physicians,
To preserve and maintain the highest traditions and precepts of our professional calling,
And I solemnly declare that I will conform to these idealsto the utmost of my ability.
View all tags