New York Chapter Wins 2015 John Tooker Evergreen Award and Two Special Recognition Awards
The John Tooker Evergreen Awards Program provides recognition and visibility to chapters that have successfully implemented programs to increase membership, improve communication, increase member involvement, enhance diversity, foster careers in internal medicine and improve management of the chapter. The New York Chapter received three 2015 John Tooker Evergreen Awards:
Patient Safety & Quality Category: Transitions of Care: Partnership Between Hospitals and Primary Care Physicians
The New York Chapter, working with its Hospitalist Task Force, developed a white paper on the transition of care between hospital based physicians/hospitalists and primary care physicians/community based PCPs. The intent was to assist healthcare communities and institutions with the development of local processes to improve the quality of patient care, reduce hospital readmissions, and to clarify the expectations for communication between hospitalists and community based primary care physicians.
NYACP is dedicated to advancing the specialty of Internal Medicine and improving patient care in New York State through education, advocacy and quality improvement.
• To advocate responsible positions on individual health and on public policy relating to health care for the benefit of the public, our patients, the medical profession and our members;
• To serve the professionals needs of the membership, support healthy lives and improve the practice environment for physicians, and advance internal medicine as a career;
• To promote and conduct research to enhance the quality of practice, the education and continuing education of internists, and the attractiveness of internal medicine to physicians and to the public;
• To recognize excellence and distinguished contributions to internal medicine; and
• To unify the many voices of internal medicine and its subspecialties for the benefit of our patients, our members, and our profession.
The American College of Physicians Member Pledge
I affirm my belief in the mission of the American College of Physicians,
To preserve and maintain the highest traditions and precepts of our professional calling,
And I solemnly declare that I will conform to these idealsto the utmost of my ability.
View all tags