Become a Member
ACP provides access to valuable clinical and professional resources, highly respected publications, quality education, powerful advocacy, career management solutions, practice improvement and networking within a community of over 12,000 members in New York and 143,000 members nationwide.
NYACP's Membership Benefits
NYACP Communications Update:
Did You Know...The Chapter sends out communications on a weekly basis in the form of "Your Chapter in Action" and educational event notices? If you are not receiving this information, please unblock "email@example.com" from your spam blocker, or contact Ben Max at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your email address
- Annual Chapter Scientific Meeting
- Local District Meetings
- Free Legal Consultation on General Practice Related Issues
- Endorsement of Medical Liability Insurance Coverage
- Access to Grassroots Action Center to Quickly Contact Your Elected Officials
- An Online 6-Hour Auto Insurance Reduction Course
- An Online Department of Transportation Medical Examiners Training Program
- Complete list of New York Chapter Benefits
Advancement to Fellowship
Fellowship in the College is an honor. Being an FACP is a mark of esteem from colleagues who recognize accomplishments and achievements over and above the practice of medicine. ACP Fellowship is primarily achieved through advancement from ACP Membership. Fellows are authorized to use the letters FACP (Fellow of the American College of Physicians) in connection with their professional activities for as long as their membership remains current.
New Masters, Fellows and Awardees
- Joseph Wayne, MD, MACP - New ACP Master
- Susan Stewart, MD, FACP - Recipient of ACP's James Bruce Award for Preventive Medicine
- William Morgan Jr., MD, MACP - Recipient of ACP's Jane F. Desforges Distinguished Teacher Award
- List of Newly Elected ACP Fellows • Pictures from Convocation
Recruit-a-Colleague Chapter Rewards Program
The American College of Physicians and the New York ACP Chapter encourage all members to help strengthen the voice of internal medicine by recommending ACP Membership to colleagues. By joining the College, your colleagues will enrich their clinical knowledge and skills and have access to all of the ACP and NYACP member benefits that you enjoy.
The RACC Program rewards successful recruiters with dues credits for each new full Member or Physician Affililiate member (up to the amount of annual dues) and a chance to win a trip to the annual Internal Medicine meeting. In addition, the RACC Program also provides rewards to the recruiter’s Chapter.
To participate, simply forward to your colleagues the Membership application found at www.acponline.org/racc. In order to receive RACC credit, your name must be listed on the recruiter line of this specially coded application.
If you have any questions about the RACC program, please contact Loretta Ponesse at the NYACP office (518-427-0366).
Last Updated 6.10.16