NYACP Meetings & Events
Vaping-Clinical Manifestations, Risk/Benefit Equations and Policy Implications
Wednesday, December 11, 2019 12:00 - 1:30 pm
Earn up to 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)
Upon completion of this session, participants should be able to:
- Recognize background and terminology of vaping
- Recognize the clinical and radiographic manifestations of E-cigarette, or vaping, product use associated lung injury (EVALI)
- Interpret and Apply the CDC guidelines and recommendations
- Assess the risks/benefits of using E-cigarettes for smoking cessation
- Identify current and next steps in physician advocacy on vaping and regulation
Faculty: Sameer Khanijo, MD, FACP, FCCP - Pulmonologist, NSUH-Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care,and Sleep Medicine
Ankita Sagar, MD, MPH, FACP-Attending Physician, Internal Medicine, Assistant Professor, Hofstra-Northwell School of Medicine
Northwell Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Northwell Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 credit ™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Northwell Health adheres to the ACCME’s Standards for Commercial Support. Any individuals in a position to control the content of a CME activity, including faculty, planners, reviewers or others are required to disclose all relevant financial relationships with commercial interests. All relevant conflicts of interest will be resolved prior to the commencement of the activity.
Women in Residency Life Webinar (WiRL)
Thursday, January 23, 2020
12:00 noon - 1:00 PM
- Vision and mission statement
- Share our inspiration
- Discuss the impact and importance of having a female residency group in order to advance women in medicine
- WiRL’s ongoing projects and community outreach
- Raising Awareness
- How can you start one at your program?
Fathima Suhail, MD
Alexandra Goodman, MD
Caitlin Toomey, MD
NYACP Resident and Medical Student Forum
Saturday, February 29, 2020
660 Albany-Shaker Road
Albany, NY 12211
Residents and Medical Students: Call for Abstracts
Residents: Dr's Dilemma Competition - the competition is full - for complete list of teams competing: Dr's Dilemma
NYACP Weekend Board Review - Earn up to 27 CME Credits and 27 MOC points - details coming soon!
March 20-22, 2019
Rochester General Hospital
1425 Portland Avenue
Last Updated: 12.4.19