Women in Residency Life Webinar (WiRL)
Thursday, January 23, 2020
12:00 noon - 1:00 PM
- Vision and mission statement
- Share our inspiration
- Discuss the impact and importance of having a female residency group in order to advance women in medicine
- WiRL’s ongoing projects and community outreach
- Raising Awareness
- How can you start one at your program?
Effective Tobacco Dependence Treatment Webinar
Earn up to 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
Thursday, February 25, 2020
12:00 noon - 1:00 PM
Susan Urban, MD, FACP
Micheal Steinberg, MD, FACP
At the conclusion of the webinar, participants will be able to…
* Evaluate the smoker for nicotine dependence and other factors relevant to successful quitting, as well as aspects of the history which could affect choice of medication for cessation.
* Compare and contrast the basic mechanism of action of nicotine replacement therapy, bupropion SR, and varenicline with the action of nicotine from cigarette smoking on the brain.
* Compare the three classes of medication in terms of efficacy in increasing quit rates, major side effects, and contraindications or cautions.
* Discuss the potential role of preloading, extended duration, and newer combinations in increasing quit rates.
* Apply their knowledge to clinical scenarios of three different smokers
The American College of Physicians is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.The American College of Physicians designates this educational activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
NYACP Resident and Medical Student Forum
Saturday, February 29, 2020
660 Albany-Shaker Road
Albany, NY 12211
Residents and Medical Students: Call for Abstracts- online submissions now closed
Residents: Dr's Dilemma Competition - the competition is full - for complete list of teams competing: Dr's Dilemma
NYACP Weekend Board Review
Earn up to 27 CME Credits and 27 MOC points
March 20-22, 2020
Rochester General Hospital
1425 Portland Avenue
All Details and Registration Information
Management of Dementia Related Behaviors
Wednesday, March 25, 2020
Guest Speaker: Alan Steinberg MD, Geriatric Psychiatrist
6:00 pm - Registration / Dinner
6:30 pm - Educational Presentation
NYU Winthrop Research & Academic Center
101 Mineola Blvd.
Mineola, New York
Hosted by: Metropolitan Area Geriatrics Society (MAGS) in collaboration with the
New York Chapter American College of Physicians (NYACP)
Online Registration / Event Flyer
Advances in Cardiovascular Risk Reduction:
Improving Treatment for Patients with Diabetes
Thursday, May 14, 2020
NYU Langone Health - Alumni Hall
550 First Avenue
New York, NY 10016
Jointly provided by NYU Grossman School of Medicine and the New York Chapter American College of Physicians
Offering 7.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
Registration and Conference Details
Last Updated: 1.10.20