Residents & Fellows
NYACP represents over 2,500 Residents and Fellows in New York. Your membership gives you access to career counseling, networking, education, advocacy and communication resources to assist you on your path to Internal Medicine.
NYACP Resident and Medical Student Forum - save the date!
Saturday, November 5, 2016
Mount Sinai Hospital
One Gustave L. Levy Place
New York, NY 10029
NYACP Dr's Dilemma Competition
The following teams will be competing in the Chapter’s Dr’s Dilemma Competition on Saturday, November 5th at the Resident and Medical Student Forum at Mount Sinai Medical Center:
- Coney Island Hospital
- SUNY Upstate Medical University
- St. John’s Episcopal Hospital
- Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center
- Rochester General Hospital
- Mount Sinai Medical Center
- John. T. Mather Memorial Hospital
- Interfaith Medical Center
- Sister’s of Charity Catholic Health Systems
- Staten Island University Hospital
- St. Barnabus Hospital
- UHS Wilson Medical Center
- Maimonides Medical Center Hospital
- Montefiore Wakefield Campus
- Montefiore New Rochelle Hospital
- NY Presbyterian /Queens
All members are invited to attend and cheer on their team! The winning team will represent New York in the ACPIM17 Competition in San Diego next year!
NYACP Abstract Competition:
Competition Rules and Forms:
- Abstract/Poster Official Competition Rules
- Abstract/Poster Competition Regulations for Submission
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
- Program Director's Authorization Form
This half day program will include the popular Resident and Medical Student Poster competition and the Resident Dr's Dilemma competition.
Online form is now closed.
Annual Scientific Meeting
NYACP Resident and Fellow Winners:
Saturday, June 4, 2016
Congratulations to the following NYACP Poster Competition Winners:
Resident/Fellow Clinical Vignette
1st Place: Nabeel AlQsous, MD - Unity Hospital, Rochester, NY
(tie) 2nd Place: Sania Sultana, MD - Montefiore Medical Center (Wakefield)
2nd Place: Charudatta Wankhade, MD - Lincoln Medical Center
Resident/Student /Fellow Research
1st Place: Hadiyah Audil - Albany Medical College
2nd Place: Peter Patalano - SUNY Downstate University
3rd Place: Peter Congelosi -SUNY Upstate University
Resident/Fellow Patient Safety, Quality and Outcomes Measurement
1st Place: Lauren Panebianco - Upstate Medical Center
Resident/Fellow Advocacy and Public Policy
1st Place: Alexandra Sokolova, MD - Nassau Medical Center
My Experience in Residency and Fellowship - Share your Story!
The Residents Committee has developed a new opportunity for Residents to share their experiences in a public forum, a webpage "by the Resident/Fellow members for the Resident/Fellow members" . The Chapter is seeking essays by Resident and Fellow Members to be posted on the Resident's page of NYACP's website. This information must be de-identified prior to submission, there can be no identification of patient or other involved healthcare providers, location of care or dates. This feature is being created to share with other residents in similar situations. We will feature one essay per month expressing your day to day work life experience, such as, but not limited to one of the following examples:
- My first experience with: loss of a patient, running a Code/RRT or reviving a life
- My successful experience in coaching a patient in smoking cessation
- Partnering with a patient facing medical, social, psychological, and/or physical challenges
- My best practices for partnering with a bereaving family or as they navigate a challenging medical scenario
- First time I was called to read an EKG
- Career and job planning
- How I am preparing for the Boards
If you have an experience you would like to submit as an essay, please use the following form (400 word limit): Submission Form
What's in it for you?
Your essay would be featured on the Chapter's Website. We would ask for a small bio and picture for the introduction. This is an informal tool that will allow residents to express their experiences, seek input and receive recognition for their hard work. Please feel free to contact Karen Tucker at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Career Link - Special Complimentary Posting for Residents and Fellows
This job placement service is being offered for FREE to Resident/Fellow members over the next three months. If you are interested in a position in New York, and you would like to discreetly post your information for recruiters and institutions to see, then this is the place for you! It's easy to place an ad, and the only information that would be included on the NYACP website would be your interest, location and position. We would handle the rest behind the scenes. For example, on the Career Link Page you will see:
#101: 3rd year Resident from Manhattan interested in a Hospitalist position in Upstate NY.
For Recruiters and Institutions:
For additional information on any candidate, please contact Karen Tucker at email@example.com and make sure to mention which candidate number you are interested in.
To place a secure ad, please use the following form:
Are you a resident beginning your job search? Check out the new NYACP Career Link Job Posting page!
MKSAP Live Online Study Hall Now Available
Do you own MKSAP 17 and are preparing to take the ABIM Certification Exam? The New York Chapter in conjunction with the Illinois Chapter ACP is offering a Free MKSAP Online Study Hall every Tuesday night beginning November 2015 at 8 pm. Please review the calendar of topics and to register, go to: Online Registration Form.
Please note, you must already own MKSAP to participate, which will be verified through ACP.
Congratulations to the following NYACP Dr's Dilemma Competition Winners!
Maimonides Medical Center Hospital
Saipriya Vasudevan, MD
Sichit Khanijao, MD
Vivek Kumar, MD
Need a Mentor?
You can search the ACP database and find a mentor who can provide the guidance and information you need about your future in Internal Medicine. Mentors are College members, including Program Directors, Chairs of Medicine, practicing internists and residents. Be matched with one today!
Applying for a License in New York State
NYACP sponsors local abstract competitions that offer you an opportunity to compete with your peers from across New York State. You have the chance to collaborate with your program director, discuss your research or clinical experience and formally write an abstract for professional review. You can also include your submission on your CV as scholarly activity. The next NYACP Poster competition will be held on Friday, June 4th at the Hilton Hotel in Westchester, NY. Abstract submissions will be available online in December 2015.
- 2016 NYACP Poster Competition Book - Annual Scientific Meeting - Rye Brook, NY
- 2015 NYACP Poster Competition Book - Resident and Medical Student Forum - Syracuse, NY
- 2015 NYACP Poster Competition Book - Annual Scientific Meeting - West Harrison, NY
- 2014 NYACP Poster Competition Book - Resident and Medical Student Forum - Staten Island, NY
- 2013 NYACP Poster Competition Book - Resident and Medical Student Forum - Rochester, NY
- 2013 NYACP Poster Competition Book - Annual Scientific Meeting - Rye Town, NY
The Resident Advocacy Internship is a four week internship designed to give Residents hands-on experience in advocacy activities with a medical professional organization. Learn how to monitor legislation, analyze governmental policy relevant to public health as well as communicate with elected State appointed leaders. The elective is offered from January through June. Interested in public policy? Email us today!
Last Updated: 8.2.16