|Laurie Cohen, Esq.|
Laurie Cohen, Esq., Partner at Nixon Peabody and the Chapter's attorney provides members with support and direction by answering questions relevant to general practice.
She has a broad range of health care experience providing services to physician groups. She also has extensive knowledge in the areas of professional licensure, group practice formation, employment and managed care contracting, provider joint ventures, self-referral, anti-kickback, and fee splitting.
NYS Department of Financial Services (DFS) issues guidance on surprise bills for health care services
A week away from the new surprise bill law going into effect, New York’s Department of Financial Services has issued guidance on what providers need to know about the law and an assignment of benefits form for patients who believe that they have received a surprise bill.
Full article on here >
- New York State e-prescribing mandate effective March 27, 2016; no further delay is expected new posting!
- Medicare Revalidations: Improvements and Cautions new posting!
- New York's highest court expands medical providers' duty of care new posting!
- New York's e-prescribing mandate: Are prescribers and pharmacies ready?
- New York's Law Regarding Surprise Medical Bills
- NYSDOH Requires Surgical Masks for Unvaccinated Health Care Workers
- Unlicensed Medical Residents and the NY Prescription Monitoring Program
- What’s the Impact of New York’s Prescription Monitoring Program on Hospitalists?
- Your Controlled Substance Prescriptions: NYS Department of Health Issues Proposed Regulations to Implement Enhanced Prescription Monitoring Program