Managing Your Patients with Diabetes
Tools and resources to manage your patients with Diabetes.
Together We Can Reverse the Diabetes Epidemic
Improve clinical care and patient outcomes
The NYS Diabetes Campaign promotes the adoption of clinical best practices at community health centers, hospital outpatient departments, and private practices to improve the access to and quality of primary care for patients with diabetes. This work ensures that people with diabetes receive the right care, at the right time, in the right setting, and at the right cost to achieve the best health outcomes.
ACP Diabetes Care Guide
The online ACP Diabetes Care Guide is concise, authoritative, and up-to-date, an ideal educational format for clinical teams learning to improve their care of patients with diabetes. Through 80 case-based, self-assessment questions, physicians and their clinical teams can learn to deliver optimal care including overviews of treatment, seminal clinical studies, drug treatments, and patient communication skills.
It is free and available online.
NYACP Diabetes Advisory Group
- Louis Snitkoff, MD, FACP, Chair
- Bilal Ahmed, MD, FACP
- Janice Barnhart , MD, FACP
- Paul Gitman MD, MACP
- Kenneth Hupart , MD, FACP
- Nazir Memon, MD, FACP
- Carlos Mendez, MD, FACP
Ruth Weinstock, MD, FACP
- ACP Smart Medicine
- ACP Net
- Closing the Gap
- American Diabetes Association
- Bridges to Excellence Diabetes Care
- NCQA Diabetes Recognition Program
- NYS Diabetes Campaign - Reversing the Epidemic
- NYSHealth Foundation website
- New Post! - Improving Diabetes Through Patient Engagement Webinar
Lisa H. Noel
Manager, Practice Support Services
Last Updated: 11.13.13