New York State Official Rural Health Council Seeks Members
The New York State Department of Health Rural Health Council is seeking physicians who will:
- Be an active listener and an informed health representative of his or her community.
- Advise on the rural health agenda for the state.
- Serve and participate on committees and workgroups to implement the rural health agenda.
- Represent and advocate for health and health related policy issues, concerns and needs of your community on a geographic, professional, consumer, and/or ethnic level.
- Report and advise the Council and Office of Rural Health on health and health related policy issues, concerns and needs.
- Increase visibility and awareness of the rural health agenda and the Council’s mission through speaking engagements, and linking local political leadership and community health service organizations.
- Assist Office of Rural Health staff with the technical assistance process through visits to community-based health services and networks, and sharing rural health expertise.
The Rural Health Council meets 3 times per year and members will serve a 3 year term. Members are asked to attend regularly. If interested, please contact Linda Lambert via email email@example.com