NYACP Scientific Meeting Poster Competition
Congratulations to our Poster Presenter Winners!
Resident and Fellow Clinical Vignette
1st Place: Kenechukwu Nwagbara - Montefiore New Rochelle Hospital
2nd Place: (tie) Sanjana Kashinath - Rochester General Hospital
2nd Place: (tie) Mukund Das - New York Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital
3rd Place:(tie) Arun Kumar - Westchester Medical Center
3rd Place:(tie) Mouzamjha Faroqui - New York Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital
3rd Place:(tie) Momcilo Durdevic - Montefiore New Rochelle Hospital
3rd Place:(tie) Vladyslav Dieiev - Montefiore Medical Center
Resident and Fellow Research
1st Place: Aditi Bhagat - Stony Brook University Hospital
2nd Place: Baldeep Mann - Metropolitan Hospital
Resident and Fellow, Medical Student Quality, Advocacy and Public Policy
1st Place: Navneet Kaur - Jacobi Medical Center
2nd Place: Reshma Shah - Albany Medical College
ACP's Fall Career Guide for Residents
Newly Matched Residents, Check this out!: Career Guide
ACP and the New York Chapter are here to help with a Resident Career Guide, with tips on how to create an impactful CV, an FAQ on certifications, and other useful guides to help garner a successful career in medicine. Please click on the link below to utilize this useful guide!
Congratulations to the 2017 NYACP Dr's Dilemma Competition Winner!
Montefiore New Rochelle
ACP's Career Guide For Residents
Creating an impactful CV
- Career advice on mentors, interviews, and contracts
- Teach us to care
- How to financially survive in a hospital
- Negotiation skills for women
- Can women have it all?
- Questions, answers on certification
Career Link - Special Complimentary Posting for Residents and Fellows
This job placement service is being offered for FREE to Resident/Fellow members over the next three months. If you are interested in a position in New York, and you would like to discreetly post your information for recruiters and institutions to see, then this is the place for you! It's easy to place an ad, and the only information that would be included on the NYACP website would be your interest, location and position. We would handle the rest behind the scenes. For example, on the Career Link Page you will see:
#101: 3rd year Resident from Manhattan interested in a Hospitalist position in Upstate NY.
For Recruiters and Institutions:
For additional information on any candidate, please contact Karen LaBello at firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure to mention which candidate number you are interested in.
To place a secure ad, please use the following form:
Are you a resident beginning your job search? Check out the new NYACP Career Link Job Posting page!
Need a Mentor?
You can search the ACP database and find a mentor who can provide the guidance and information you need about your future in Internal Medicine. Mentors are College members, including Program Directors, Chairs of Medicine, practicing internists and residents. Be matched with one today!
Applying for a License in New York State
NYACP sponsors local abstract competitions that offer you an opportunity to compete with your peers from across New York State. You have the chance to collaborate with your program director, discuss your research or clinical experience and formally write an abstract for professional review. You can also include your submission on your CV as scholarly activity.
- 2018 NYACP Poster Competition Book - Westchester, NY - New!
- 2017 NYACP Poster Competition Book - Resident and Medical Student Forum - Staten Island, NY
- 2017 NYACP Poster Competition Book - Annual Scientific Meeting - Rochester, NY
- 2016 NYACP Poster Competition Book - Resident and Medical Student Forum - New York City, NY
- 2016 NYACP Poster Competition Book - Annual Scientific Meeting - Rye Brook, NY
- 2015 NYACP Poster Competition Book - Resident and Medical Student Forum - Syracuse, NY
- 2015 NYACP Poster Competition Book - Annual Scientific Meeting - West Harrison, NY
- 2014 NYACP Poster Competition Book - Resident and Medical Student Forum - Staten Island, NY
- 2013 NYACP Poster Competition Book - Resident and Medical Student Forum - Rochester, NY
- 2013 NYACP Poster Competition Book - Annual Scientific Meeting - Rye Town, NY
The Resident Advocacy Internship is a four week internship designed to give Residents hands-on experience in advocacy activities with a medical professional organization. Learn how to monitor legislation, analyze governmental policy relevant to public health as well as communicate with elected State appointed leaders. The elective is offered from January through June. Interested in public policy? Email us today!
Please note that we give preference to residents going into general or subspecialty internal medicine.
Last Updated: 11.27.18