Deadline to Submit
Friday, July 12, 2019
5:00 pm Eastern
Online abstract submission is now open.
Your Program/Clerkship Directors will be notified of competition results the week of
September 2, 2019.
NYACP staff WILL NOT notify individuals of the results.
For questions, call the Chapter office at
2019 NYACP Scientific Meeting
Saturday, October 12, 2019
Westchester Hilton Hotel
699 Westchester Avenue
Rye Brook, NY 10573
Program Director's Authorization Form
If you have worked on a research project or have an interesting clinical case, submit your abstract for a chance to present it at the Poster Session at the 2019 NYACP Annual Scientific Meeting in the following categories:
- Clinical Vignette
Residents/Fellows and Medical Students will be combined in the following category:
- Quality, Advocacy and Public Policy Category
If your abstract is chosen, you will be invited to present your poster at the NYACP Scientific Meeting on Saturday, October 12, 2019 at the Hilton Westchester Hotel in Rye Brook, NY!
Click on each category to learn more: ****Please note: we no longer require a username and password when submitting an abstract
The deadline to submit your abstract is Friday, July 12, 2019
Program/Clerkship Directors will be notified of competition results the week of September 2, 2019. NYACP staff WILL NOT notify individuals of the results.
How to Submit| top
Follow these steps in order to submit your abstract.
- Be an ACP member. You can sign up for membership online: www.acponline.org/membership. You must have an ACP member number to be eligible to submit online.
- You must be an ACP Resident member and enrolled in Internal Medicine Residency or Fellowship Training program within New York State; or you must be a Medical Student member and currently enrolled as a student at a New York State approved Medical or Osteopathic School with a rotation through a hospital in New York State.
- Have your Program Director review your abstract and complete a Program Director Authorization Form. This will ensure that your abstract is supported by your Program Director and is in correct and acceptable formatting and language. There is a 450 word limit per abstract.
- Submit a Processing fee: There is a $30.00 processing fee for each abstract submitted. This fee is payable by credit card, check or money order. - See below
- Submit your abstract. A link to submit your abstract is provided to you after successfully submitting the processing fee. Please look for the link in the thank you message that appears after you submit your credit card information.
Processing Fees| top Please Note: You must submit your abstract at time of payment. If you close the browser after you paid, you may lose access to submit your abstract
By Credit Card: SUBMIT CREDIT CARD PAYMENT TO BEGIN THE ABSTRACT PROCESS
You must enter the following information exactly as it appears on your credit card billing statement or it will be declined: name, complete billing address including zip code and card information. If you are using someone else’s credit card, please make sure to identify the cardholder on the form. Once your credit card is accepted, you can submit your abstract. Each abstract has a $30 submission fee. The System will not take Debit cards, if your credit card declines after two times, then you can submit a check.
By Check/Money Order: You can send a check or money order, made payable to the NY Chapter ACP and mail it to: 744 Broadway, Albany, NY 12207. Once your payment is received we will then send you a link to submit your abstract.
Rules and Regulations | top
- Only one abstract may be entered with each payment of $30. Our system will detect multiple entries. If you have not paid for both entries, all of your abstracts will be disqualified.
- Do not share the abstract submission link, we will disqualify all abstracts that are sent in without payment.
NO edits are allowed on submitted abstracts. Please be sure that all errors are corrected before submitting. And your program director has reviewed and approved your abstract.
Up to 2 abstracts may be submitted, both require the $30 processing fee. A maximum of 2 Abstracts (regardless of category) may be submitted per person. If 2 abstracts were submitted, and both were accepted, only one can be presented at the competition, and the resident/medical student must notify NYACP office within 5 days of notification which abstract they will present. The second author will not be eligible to present if the first author is available to present. If the first author is not available to present, then the second author can present the accepted abstract.
If you make an error on your abstract you may submit a revision but a separate $30 processing fee is required for the new submission and this will be considered as two abstract entries, however, we will replace the first abstract with the second entry.
If you have any questions, please contact Karen Tucker LaBello at (518) 427-0366 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated: 4.12.19