> Practice Environment
Laurie Cohen, Esq.
Laurie Cohen, Esq., Partner at Nixon Peabody and the Chapter's attorney provides members with support and direction by answering questions relevant to general practice.
NYACP is dedicated to advancing the specialty of Internal Medicine and improving patient care in New York State through education, advocacy and quality improvement.
• To advocate responsible positions on individual health and on public policy relating to health care for the benefit of the public, our patients, the medical profession and our members;
• To serve the professionals needs of the membership, support healthy lives and improve the practice environment for physicians, and advance internal medicine as a career;
• To promote and conduct research to enhance the quality of practice, the education and continuing education of internists, and the attractiveness of internal medicine to physicians and to the public;
• To recognize excellence and distinguished contributions to internal medicine; and
• To unify the many voices of internal medicine and its subspecialties for the benefit of our patients, our members, and our profession.
The American College of Physicians Member Pledge
I affirm my belief in the mission of the American College of Physicians,
To preserve and maintain the highest traditions and precepts of our professional calling,
And I solemnly declare that I will conform to these idealsto the utmost of my ability.
View all tags