> Professional Needs
NYACP is dedicated to advancing the specialty of Internal Medicine and improving patient care in New York State through education, advocacy and quality improvement.
• To advocate responsible positions on individual health and on public policy relating to health care for the benefit of the public, our patients, the medical profession and our members;
• To serve the professionals needs of the membership, support healthy lives and improve the practice environment for physicians, and advance internal medicine as a career;
• To promote and conduct research to enhance the quality of practice, the education and continuing education of internists, and the attractiveness of internal medicine to physicians and to the public;
• To recognize excellence and distinguished contributions to internal medicine; and
• To unify the many voices of internal medicine and its subspecialties for the benefit of our patients, our members, and our profession.
The American College of Physicians Member Pledge
I affirm my belief in the mission of the American College of Physicians,
To preserve and maintain the highest traditions and precepts of our professional calling,
And I solemnly declare that I will conform to these idealsto the utmost of my ability.
View all tags